Friday, January 6, 2012

Portal License Predicament

One of my biggest pain points is the fact that I have internal project managers that are able to add client portal users, and I'm not able to keep up with the number of licenses that I currently have, and what we need.

For example, I like to keep about 10 licenses available for use, and yesterday I had 10. This morning I got a case from a project manager who was passive aggressively telling me that I don't do my job properly, because she needed to add 24 users and was only able to add 9.

The process is that if they need to add more than 5 at a time, they should submit a case to make sure we have enough available. Because she didn't know this process, or forgot, she was upset.

I've decided to create a custom object, called "License Tracking", and attempt to create some triggers that will add and subtract the number of licenses used when we add users, or deactivate them.

Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment