Friday, July 11, 2014

OMG MY SEARCH BAR IS GONE!!!

Seriously... this is funny to me. As a Salesforce.com Admin/BA for two different companies now, I've seen this happen countless times. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to start a running count on how many times it happens...

Yep, that's right... we don't have Chatter enabled right now. We're a big company, and getting software "changes" approved at least as far as social networking stuff is concerned is big. We're working on it, but we aren't quite there yet.

Here is the scenario:

New users are added... they log on for the first time and they get that pop up. You know the one... it's tricky right? You log on for the first time ever, you have no clue what you're doing, and BAM!


Well... you know... nothing here says anything about it completely changing the way stuff looks... or that it's going to do this for every single person in the company! It's free, and hey, it looks cool... so why not....You click the button




And you're like... hmmm okay cool!!!!  Suddenly people all over the room are yelling!!!

HEY... 

                              Where's my search bar... 

                                                         hey Shannon, our search bar is gone... 

what's going on?  



and... me, in my little office with no windows... 

Phones start ringing, cases are coming in by the bucket full... and I'm thinking oh my gosh... what is going on...

Then I realize... someone has turned on Chatter again!!!

Some of you are super lucky, you don't have to do this, because you've had Chatter from it's inception. I've got to do this about once a month. But... it's an easy fix, which means quick, and I can close out a BUNCH of tickets and everyone loves me for about 12 seconds. :-)



But... I'm a tiny bit twisted... so... I actually kind of enjoy waiting for people to start screaming about their search box being gone, and just saying.. ."oh hold on a second... okay hit refresh... BAM fixed it for you".

MUAH!



No comments:

Post a Comment